VacMaster VP95 vs VP215 Vacuum Sealer… Chamber vac sealers work by first removing all of the air from the container prior to sealing. This results in a stronger seal and extended shelf life for your food.
If you’re in the market for a chamber vacuum sealer, you know that there are a lot of options out there. With so many choices, it can be hard to know which one is the right fit for your needs. In this blog post we are comparing VacMaster Vp95 vs Vp215, two of the finest by Vacmaster which is a known name in manufacturing commercial grade chamber vacuum sealers. Let’s begin with a detailed comparison table!
VacMaster Vp95 Vs Vp215 Comparison Table
Features Vacmaster Vp95 Vacmaster Vp215
Dimensions 11x16x9 Inches (WDH) 14x20x15 Inches (WDH)
Weight 42.5 lbs 84 lbs
Material Stainless Steel Stainless Steel
Pump Type Single piston oil pump Heavy duty 1/5 hp rotary oil pump
Seal Bar 9.25 Inch removable seal bar with double seal wire 10 Inch removable seal bar with double seal wire
Cycle Time Adjustable / 20-60 Seconds Adjustable / 20-40 Seconds
Control Panel Touchscreen Buttons
Pressure Indicator Yes Yes
Chamber Size 9.5x10.5x3.25 inches (WDH) 11.25x15.25x5 Inches (WDH)
Max Chamber Bag Size 9x12 Inches 10x13 Inches
Accessories Accessory hose, inclined plate & user manual Filler plate, maintenance kit & user manual
Included Pouches No information Available 20 6x10 Inches Pouches
20 8x12 Inches Pouches
20 10x13 Inches Pouches
Ideal for Liquid or juicy foods including Fresh Meats, Soups, Sauces & Marinades Liquid or juicy foods including Fresh Meats, Soups, Sauces & Marinades
Warranty One Year Limited Warranty One Year Limited Warranty
User Rating 4.6/5 Star 4.7/5 Star
Best Price Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Difference Between VacMaster Vp95 vs Vp215
Vacmaster has a number of commercial grade chamber vacuum sealers such as Vp220, Vp230, Vp215 and more and all of them are almost same with slight difference however, Vacmaster Vp95 is visibly different in many aspects. In this section, we will discuss the main differences between Vacmaster Vp95 vs Vp215 chamber vacuum sealer.
Appearance & Design
Chamber vacuum sealers have more or less boxy design and they are usually heavy and bulky and same goes for Vacmaster chamber vacuum sealers however, at Vacmaster they have tried to change the design with Vacmaster Vp95 and make it slightly different in terms of appearance as you could see in the image.
Vacmaster Vp95 is mainly made of durable stainless steel with stainless-steel finish on the outside. The corners are perfectly round to avoid any incident plus, it has an improved control panel and this time Vacmaster did away with their traditional analogue pressure meter and buttons to control the machine.
Vacmaster Vp95 is more compact in comparison to Vp215 and its predecessors and saves you valuable countertop space. Further, it is lightweight and portable to be moved around when required without going out of breath. Vp95 is more of a domestic variant while Vacmaster Vp215 is designed for heavy duty packaging for commercial use though it can be used for personal use as well.
Vacmaster Vp215 on the other hand boasts similar design to that its predecessors such as Vp220 and Vp230 with a few buttons on the front and a visibly large pressure indicator. The glass lid on the top has a large bulge most probably to accommodate small canisters if you have something to seal in canisters. We like the Vacmaster Vp95 better in terms of design as it looks pretty sleek and modern in comparison to Vp215 chamber vacuum sealer.
Dimensions & Weight
As mentioned earlier, Vacmaster Vp95 is compact and lightweight resulting in being portable and easy to move around. It measures 11x16x9 inches and weighs only 42.5 pounds which is not really very lightweight but in comparison to 85 pounds it does feel lightweight. Vacmaster Vp215 on the other hand measures 14x20x15 inches in size and weighs 84 pounds which is not really portable so you will need a helping hand in order to move it. We suggest to have a dedicated spot for this big guy!
Vacmaster Vp95 features a nice and advanced looking touchscreen control panel to operate the vacuum sealer in comparison to slightly old-school controls on Vacmaster Vp215 which you’ll find on Vp220, Vp230 and other Vacmaster variants as well.
Vacmaster Vp95 comes with a few preset buttons such as max vacuum, low vacuum, marination, external vacuum (for containers via hose), adjustable vacuum (30-100%), pump cleaning mode and more. Vacmaster Vp215 however doesn’t have presets and you got total control over your sealing process.
Another difference that you’ll notice going through the control panel is the seal cycle time. Vacmaster Vp95 has adjustable cycle of 20-60 seconds while Vacmaster Vp215 vacuum sealer has adjustable cycle of 20-40 seconds.
Apart from design, control panel and sealing cycle, here are some more differences that you might want to know beforehand.
- Vacmaster Vp95 has single piston oil pump while Vp215 comes with heavy duty 1/5 hp rotary oil pump. The common feature is, you’ll regularly have to check oil no matter which vacuum sealer you buy.
- The seal bar on Vacmaster Vp95 is 9.25 inches long with double seal wire while Vacmaster Vp215 comes with 10-inch seal bar. Both vacuum sealers have removable seal bars just in case you need to remove them.
- Vacmaster Vp95 has chamber measuring 9.5×10.5×3.25 inches while Vp215 has 11.25×15.25×5 inches chamber.
- Vacmaster Vp95 allows you max pouch of 9×12 inches while Vp215 can accommodate 10×13 inches pouches with ease.
- Vacmaster Vp95 comes with an accessory hose, inclined plate and user manual while vp215 includes a filler plate, maintenance kit and manual. The accessory hose is used to seal ingredients in the canisters and jars and it works by attaching it with the hole inside the chamber (Vp95). Vacmaster Vp215 doesn’t come with an accessory hose however, you can seal jars using in the vac chamber.
- We couldn’t verify any information on whether or not Vp95 includes any pouches but Vp215 comes with 60 pouches of various sizes to get you started with.
Best Deals – Vacmaster Vp95 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
- Improved and sleek design
- Advanced touchscreen control panel
- Handy inclined plate for sealing liquids
- Accessory hose to seal jars
- Compact and portable design
- Still heavy and bulky for small spaces
- Expensive as well
Best Deals – Vacmaster Vp215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
- Ease of use
- Powerful performance
- Perfect for both commercial & private use
- Lid activated sealing process
- 10-inch sealing bar with dual seal wire
- Too heavy to move around
- Expensive in comparison to rival brands
Conclusion: Vacmaster Vp95 Vs Vp215
Choosing the right chamber vacuum sealer can be tough, but we hope this comparison review has helped narrow down your options. When choosing a machine, be sure to consider your needs and budget to find the perfect fit for you.
Choosing between Vacmaster Vp95 vs Vp215, Vp95 would be perfect for domestic use as it is more compact and have touchscreen controls which makes it more intuitive to use. Plus, it is also slightly lightweight but not the most lightweight for sure.
On the other hand, Vp215 is a powerful chamber vacuum sealer that checks all the right boxes and you can easily make the most out of it. It creates durable seals to keep your food safe for very long time. We hope you’ll be able to make a wise and informed choice for your next vacuum sealer. Happy shopping!